BMW X4 presented the Second-Generation SUV
Based on the same platform as its smaller brother the X3, this well-built Sport Utility Vehicle it has tremendous changes from its predecessor, in terms of exterior design, interior design, improved chassis, aerodynamics and variety of engines.
Design of the new BMW X4
In addition from its predecessor this BMW X4 has a few key changes that improved the overall look, driving experience and performance. The BMW X4 has a bigger and wider front grill and front lower air inlets, which it will improve and optimizes the fuel consumption, front new adaptive LED headlights, newer and redesigned air-intakes with new generation LED fog-lights.
Looking at the side of the BMW X4, the redesigned Coupe style SUV has more aggressive look than its predecessor, much more sporty line with muscular look from the top to the roof line, to the bottom of the doors. When you compare with the 1st generation BMW X4 (F26) the new model has a totally new back look.
The slender adaptive LED tail lights are much sharper and 3D surface designed style than the older model. The licence plate has been moved from the tailgate to the bottom of the rear bumper. The rear bumper is improved with its dynamic appearance and much more rounded designed than the previous model with the new redesigned twin tail exhaust pipes.
The interior design of the new BMW X4 attracts few changes as well. In addition to the previous model, the new X4 has better built quality in spec of interior design and quality materials. Improved dashboard with front central touch display that is more like a Mercedes-Benz style, than the regular built-in front display from its previous model. The front 10-inch display can be operated by touch, gesture, voice control and even the iDrive control in front of the central console.
Chrome material blends to the front dashboard, surrounding the whole front panel and the multi-functional steering wheel, which provides you a ton of features to fully control and adjust the technology built inside the vehicle. There is an optional 12-inch high-resolution speedometer to choose improving the overall look of your new BMW X4.
In terms of specs this new generation of BMW X4 will be available in both Diesel and Petrol engines as well the both M-Performance package in both variety of engines.
Available Diesel engines:
- xDrive20d is a 2.0 liter, 4-cyl Turbocharged Diesel Engine with a power output of 187 hp and 400 nm of torque.
- xDrive30d is a 3.0 liter, 6-cyl Turbocharged Diesel Engine with a power output of 254 hp and 560 nm of torque.
- xDrive35d is a M-Performance 3.0 liter, 6-cyl Twin Turbocharged Diesel Engine with a power output of 309 hp and 630 nm of torque.
Like the Diesel the more cleaner Petrol engines would be available in both 2.0 and 3.0 liter engine displacement:
- xDrive20i is a 2.0 liter, 4-cyl Twin Scroll Turbocharged Petrol engine with a power output of 181 hp and 270 nm of torque.
- xDrive28i is a 2.0 liter, 4-cyl Twin Scroll Turbocharged Petrol engine with a power output of 242 hp and 350 nm of torque.
- xDrive35i is a 3.0 liter, 6-cyl Twin Scroll Turbocharged Petrol engine with a power output of 302 hp and 400 nm of torque.
- M40i is a M-Performance 3.0 liter, 6-cyl Twin Scroll Turbocharged Petrol engine with a power output of 355 hp and 465 nm of torque.